6400 Series Open
Deep groove ball bearings are available in a variety of sizes and are the most popular of all rolling bearings. This type of bearing supports radial load and a certain degree of axial load in both directions simultaneously. Open bearings are usually found in applications where there is a source of lubrication and they are protected from the ingress of foreign particles e.g Gearboxes.
Guide to suffixes:
- C2 = Reduced internal clearance over standard.
- Nothing = Standard Internal clearance 'CN'.
- CM = Electric Motor internal clearance.
- C3 = Greater internal clearance * This can be usually be used in place of CN and CM * (This does not apply in reverse).
- NR = Comes with Snap Ring and Groove on outer race to assist axial positioning