The Regina Group is a world leading developer and manufacturer of power transmission chains and related power transmission devices and components. Thanks to its long-standing technical knowledge, manufacturing know-how and highly diversified product range, the group is able to offer reliable solutions to a widespread global portfolio of end markets.
Regina, originally established in 1919 with the name "Societa Ita;iana Catene Calibrate Regina", was intially active in the production of chains and free wheels for bicycles, mopeds and motorcycles. After World War II, Regina started to produce industrial chains, also approaching the international markets. In 1956 Regina established Polimeccanica, a production subsidiary in Buenos Aires (Argentina), which is still operating today. In 1958, the group established Rex Regina in Olginate (Italy), a joint venture for the production and commercialisation of industrial chains. The joint venture, dedicated to the European market, lasted 20 years until 1977, when Regina acquired full ownership of it.
In the 1990's the Group developed internationally, establishing sales subsidiaries in Mexico, England and France, also in 1993 they entered into a joint venture in China dedicated to the manufacturing of bicycles power transmission components. In 2008, a productive subsidiary for manufacturing of industrial chains was established in Spain.
Since 2009 the group has continued to grow and innovate, dedicating time to offering a total quality solution for the customer.